Official Rules, Terms and Conditions
Below are the Terms and Conditions for the APEC DJI Drone Contest and the accompanying prize giveaway.
- Promotion Description. The APEC DJI Drone Contest is a promotion administered by CUI Inc. The promotion runs from March 27, 2017 at 5:00 PM (ET) through March 29, 2017 at 2:00 PM (ET).
- Eligibility. The promotion is open only to residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec). Participants must visit CUI’s booth (311) at the APEC trade show and opt-in to CUI’s company newsletters to be entered into the drawing to receive a DJI Phantom 3 Standard Drone. Participants may enter only once. Employees of CUI Inc and their family members are not eligible. The promotion is open to persons over the age of majority, excluding countries where language translation of rules is required, where publication and bonding of promotions is required, and where otherwise restricted or prohibited by law.
- Winner Selection. A winner will be drawn at random on April 3, 2017. If a participant that is drawn does not meet any of the eligibility criteria stated above, their selection will be automatically invalid and CUI Inc reserves the right to select another winner that meets the eligibility requirements above. A winner will be contacted via email on April 3, 2017 using the email address the participant provided. The winner must respond within two weeks with a valid address to send their prize. If correspondence is not received by April 17, 2017, CUI Inc reserves the right to select another winner. CUI Inc shall have no liability for the winner’s failure to receive notices due to the winner’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for the winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. The winner agrees to the use of their name in any publicity material.
- Official Prize. There is one prize offered as part of the APEC DJI Drone Contest promotion. The prize includes a DJI Phantom 3 Standard Drone (approximate retail value $499 USD). No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable. The prize is subject to availability and CUI Inc reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value at CUI Inc’s sole discretion
- Odds. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Agreement to Rules. All promotion participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and represent and warrant that they meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein.
- Limitation of Liability. By entering participants agree to release and hold harmless CUI Inc and its affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such participant's participation in the sweepstakes and/or their acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the promotion or the processing of entries.
- Right to Amend or Cancel. CUI Inc reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion and these terms and conditions without notice for any reason, including but not limited to any reason that affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the promotion. Such reasons include but are not limited to fraud, tampering, unauthorized access, technical failures, or any other causes beyond CUI Inc’s control.
- Disputes. THIS PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF OREGON, WITHOUT RESPECT TO ITS CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this promotion, participants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in OR having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this promotion),and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Taxes. Winner is responsible for any and all taxes associated with winning a prize.
- Winners List. To obtain a copy of these rules or the name of the prize winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: CUI Inc, Marketing Department, 20050 SW 112th Ave., Tualatin, OR 97062.
- No Purchase Necessary. Participants do not need to purchase a product or service as a means of entry or increasing their odds in the prize giveaways.
- Sponsor. The Sponsor of the promotion is CUI Inc. located at 20050 SW 112th Avenue, Tualatin, OR 97062. This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media platform. By entering or participating in the promotion, you agree to release Facebook, Twitter and any other social media platform from any claims, known or unknown, in connection with the promotion.